17 September 2020 - Brussels - BDCD / EDRC
The 12th meeting of the Brussels Dialogue on Climate Diplomacy (BDCD) was held on Thursday, 17 September 2020. It was organised by the Environment & Development Resource Centre (EDRC) and the NATO Policy Planning Unit in the Office of the Secretary General in the context of the NATO 2030 initiative.
The aim of on-line video conference was to hear from civil society and other key stakeholders how they see NATO’s role in mitigation of climate change and adaptation to climate security challenges.
- Keynote Presentation: Rear Admiral RN (Ret.) Neil Morisetti, Vice Dean (Public Policy), Faculty Engineering Sciences at University College London / Member, Global Military Advisory Council on Climate Change (GMACCC)
- Dr. Benedetta Berti, Head of Policy Planning, Office of the Secretary General (NATO-PPU)
- Alice Hill, David M. Rubenstein Senior Fellow for Energy and the Environment, Council on Foreign Relations
- Ronald A. Kingham, Executive Director, Environment & Development Resource Centre (EDRC)
- Olivia Lazard, Environmental Peacemaking Expert / Visiting Researcher, Carnegie Europe / Policy Advisor, EDRC
- Dr. Malin Mobjörk, Programme Director, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)
- Dr. Radostina Primova, Senior Analyst, Economic Program, Center for the Study of Democracy, Sofia
- Dr. Jamie Shea, Professor of Strategic Studies, University of Exeter / Secretary General,
- Alexander Verbeek, Policy Director, Environment & Development Resource Centre (EDRC) Global Military Advisory Council on Climate Change (GMACCC)
For more information including the Agenda, Recommended Reading, Participants and Presentations, visit the BDCD event page.